One of the ways Alabama Baptists can actively engage with the Southern Baptist Convention is by serving on boards and committees.
The committee on nominations puts forth names for messengers to consider and approve during the SBC Annual Meeting, which was held in New Orleans this year.
Below is a list of Alabama Baptists who were approved by messengers June 13.
- 2023–2024 Committee on Nominations — Walter Blackman, East Highland Baptist, Hartselle; and S. Rodney Arp, FBC Prattville.
- Executive Committee — Craig Carlisle, FBC Gadsden, term expiring in 2027.
- GuideStone Financial Resources — J. Rodney Bledsoe, FBC Montgomery, term expiring in 2027.
- International Mission Board — James (Jim) Cooley, FBC Birmingham, term expiring in 2027; and Charlotte Madison, Mount Zion, Huntsville, term expiring in 2027.
- North American Mission Board — Scott Guffin, Shades Mountain Baptist Church, Vestavia Hills, term expiring in 2027.
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary — Katherine J. Webb, FBC Montgomery, term expiring in 2028.
- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary — Bradley M. Rushing, Mount Gilead Baptist Church, Dothan, term expiring in 2028.