The coal mine in Aldrich closed in 1942, but the ruins are still there. So are the camp houses, the miners’ bathhouse and the site of an old company store — the original meeting place for First Baptist Church, Aldrich, in Shelby Baptist Association. According to Henry Emfinger, a longtime member of First, Aldrich, a lot has changed in the…
Want to read the full article and more?